Zhe Jiang Homepage
Department of Computer & Information Science & Engineering
Center for Coastal Solutions
Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
University of Florida
Dr. Jiang will join the faculty in computer science at the University of Florida from August 2021. He received Ph.D. in computer science from the University of Minnesota in 2016, and B.E. in Electrical Engineering and Information Science from the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 2010. He was an assistant professor in computer science at the Univeristy of Alabama from 2016 to 2021.
Data mining, machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence, spatiotemporal data mining, interdisciplinary applications in earth science, transportation, public health, etc.
Our lab is looking for outstanding Ph.D. students starting in Spring 2022 and Fall 2022! We also welcome visiting students, scholars, and remote interns. Please click this link.
- [UF News] 7/11/2021: University of Florida Health have collaborated with NVIDIA researchers to create GatorTron™, an artificial intelligence transformer natural language processing model intended to accelerate research and medical decision-making by extracting insights from massive volumes of clinical data with unprecedented speed and clarity, (URL)
- [Paper] 7/11/2021: One journal paper accepted in MDPI Remote Sensing, one journal paper accepted in Frontiers in Big Data, one conference paper accepted in KDD 2021.
- [Teaching] 7/9/2021: Dr. Jiang will offer a new Graduate Level special topic research seminar class, CIS 6930 Deep Learning for Spatiotemporal Data in Fall 2021!
- [Workshop] 6/1/2021: Dr. Jiang will serve as the co-chair of the 16th International Workshop on Spatial and Spatiotemporal Data Mining (SSTDM-21) In Cooperation with IEEE ICDM 2021, December 2021, Auckland, New Zealand. Website
- [Workshop] 3/30/2021: Dr. Jiang will serve as the co-chair for International Workshop on Deep Learning for Spatiotemporal Data, Co-organized with ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining 2021 (together with Drs. Xun Zhou, Liang Zhao, Stewart, Robert, Shashi Shekhar, and Jieping Ye). Website.
- [Paper] 2/1/2021: One paper accepted by the Journal of Environmental Modelling and Software, Elsevier. The paper is collaborated with the USGS Center of Excellence of Geospatial Information Science and UIUC CyberGIS group.
- [Paper] 1/12/2021: One paper accepted by SIAM Data Mining 2021, one paper accepted by VLDB 2021.
- [PC] 1/12/2021: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve as a PC member in KDD 2021.
- [SPC] 11/7/2020: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve as a senior PC member for the IJCAI 2021.
- [Paper] 11/7/2020: Two papers were accepted in IEEE Big Data Conference.
- [Award] 9/30/2020: Dr. Jiang received a new award as a co-PI from NOAA National Water Center (sub-awarded from the University of Maryland). His research task is about deep learning methods to analyze Radar big data.
- [Award] 8/31/2020: We received a new award from NOAA National Water Center (sub-awarded through the University of Maryland) (Year 1: $142K). This project aims to deploy our hidden Markov tree algorithms (KDD'18 and KDD'19) as an interative GIS tool for flood inundation mapping at the National Water Center. Thanks to NOAA!
- [Paper] 8/20/2020: A new paper is being accepted by the ICDM 2020 conference!
- [Award] 8/20/2020: We received a new award from NSF IIS Core Small Program ($500K). Many thanks to NSF!
- [Award] 8/15/2020: We received a new award from NSF CNS Smart and Connected Communities (SC&C) program ($150K in total). Thanks to NSF!
- [Paper] 7/31/2020: One journal paper was accepted by IEEE TKDE. Congratulations to Wenchong. One conference paper was accepted by ACM CIKM.
- [Paper] 6/24/2020: One conference paper was accepted by KDD 2020, one journal paper was accepted by IEEE TKDE and another journal accepted by International Journal of Remote Sensing.
- [Award] 4/30/2020: Dr. Jiang received a one-year grant from US Geological Survey to deploy the group's hidden Markov tree algorithm (published in KDD'18,'19) in real-world flood disaster response platform.
- [Paper] 4/15/2020: A journal paper was published by IEEE Access on spatial structured prediction. link
- [PC] 1/30/2020: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve in the program committee of IJCAI and KDD 2020.
- [Education] 1/24/2020: Dr. Jiang gave a lecture on "Introduction to Machine Learning and AI" to high school students in Alabama School of Fine Arts in Birmingham (one of the top high schools in Alabama).
- [PC] 11/18/2019: Dr. Jiang was invited to serve in the program committee of ICML 2020.
- [Paper] 11/18/2019: A new paper was accepted to AAAI 2020. Congratulations to Arpan and Wenchong!
- [Award] 10/16/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang received an award (as Co-PI) from Camgian Microsystems Company for AI and Deep Learning research. The award amount is $600K with his share $160K.
- [Source Codes] 9/23/2019: We have released the source codes for KDD 2019 paper in Github. Please follow this link. Special thanks to Arpan for putting things together on Github!
- [Paper] 9/5/2019: Our paper "Mapping Road Safety Features from Streetview Imagery: A Deep Learning Approach" is accepted for publication in the Special Issue on Urban Computing and Smart Cities, ACM Transactions on Data Science.
- [Award] 9/2/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang received an extended grant as Co-PI from UCAR under the Department of Commerce. The project topic is "Center for Remote Sensing of Snow and Soil Moisture Measurements".
- [Co-chair] 8/10/2019: Dr. Zhe Jiang will serve as the Publicity Co-chair for the ACM SIGSPATIAL Conference 2020 in Beijing, China.
- [Award] 7/30/2019: Dr. Jiang received the NSF Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) Research Initiation Initiative (CRII) award! The project topic is "Disciplinary Knowledge Guided Big Spatial Structured Models for Geoscience Applications".
- [PC] 7/30/2019: Dr. Jiang will serve in the program committee for AAAI 2020.
"Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how you dance in the rain!"